Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Almost Waffle Afghan

This is my almost waffle afghan... Why do I call it that?...Well it was originally planned to have the texture of a waffle, unfortunately I screwed up the pattern which was translated to me verbally. By the time I got started I somehow managed to flip the order of two stitches.
This is what the pattern was supposed to be:
Ch a number divisible by 4, and then ch 2
Row 1
Dc 1 in each st
Row 2
Dc 2, *(Dc around the post of the next stitch) repeat once, dc 2, repeat form* til the end of the row.
Row 3
(Dc around the post of the next stitch) repeat once, *dc 2, (Dc around the post of the next stitch) repeat once, Repeat from * til the end of the row.
Row 4-How ever many rows you want
Repeat rows 2 and 3 alternating between the two until project reaches desired length

This is the pattern I did:
Ch a number divisible by 4, and then ch 2
Row 1
Dc 1 in each st
Row 2
Dc 2, *(Dc around the post of the next stitch) repeat once, dc 2, repeat form* til the end of the row.
Row 3-How ever many rows you want
Repeat row 2 until project reaches desired length
This afghan didn't turn out the way it was supposed to but it does look pretty if you ask me. I especially like the ruffle edge and the unusual texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment