When I heard that my cousin and his wife were going to decorate their nursery with butterflies I began "favorite-ing" oodles of butterfly patterns on Ravelry... I LOVE butterflies, and I wish more parents would use them in their daughter's nursery theme.
the pattern for this afghan (which is made up of squares) I knew that it would be perfect (granted I would do some tweaking). I decided to only make 25 square (instead of the 35 the pattern called for...16 of square #1 and 9 of square #2)) since the time before the baby shower was running out.
different butterfly pattern because I couldn't get the one from the afghan pattern to lay flat.
this edging the scallops would not do. Somehow I couldn't get the butterfly edging to look right (so either I was doing something wrong or there was a slight error in the pattern) so I edited so that it reads as follows:
dc cluster = ch 3, yo, insert, draw up, yo, draw through 2, yo,
insert in same st, draw up, yo, draw through 2, yo draw through all,
Tr cluster = ch 3, (yo 2, insert in same st, draw up, yo, draw
through 2, yo, draw through 2) 3 times, yo draw through all, ch 4, sl st
in same st
Antenna st = ch 5 tightly, ch 1 loosely (later you will cut this ch), ch 5 tightly, sl st in same st,
Butterfly= dc cluster, ch 1, tr cluster in last ch, antenna st in
same st, ch 1, tr cluster in same st, dc cluster in the same st, sk 4 st
in round 1 and sl st in 4th st
Notes: In between each of the butterflies you sc 10... Of course I had to tweak this too, instead leaving it basic I repeated this in between the butterflies:
(sl st, ch 2, sc in same st, sc 1)
here and I used the tips from here.